Friday 21 May 2010

The Teachers' Unions Last Stand

Should the teachers be held accountable (to the point of even being fired) if they don't prove their job performance adequately through student standardized test scores?

There's a lot of talk about this issue lately. But how would it work? Teachers belong to unions, and unions disallow such actions. This weekend, there's an extensive article in the New York Times that examines the pull and push between momentum for education reform and how unions fit into the evolving framework.What do you think? Are unions antiquated and on their way out? Should unions be modernized for the new millennium?

How are unions helping teachers, students, education reform, and the country? Big questions, I know. But I thought I would throw it out there for discussion. PR: wait... I: wait... L: wait... LD: wait... I: wait...wait... Rank: wait... Traffic: wait... Price: wait... C: wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment